So in just over a month Four Corners will be officially released! I am having a wave of mixed emotions. I am beyond excited to see it finally out and also a little terrified of people actually reading it. I know I've spoke of this before, but it is a scary process putting something you worked so hard on out there into the world and hoping that others like it at least a little bit as much as you do.

The final proofs have been sent to the publisher and the entire book jacket (front, back, and spine) has been approved as well. The artist/friend did amazing work on it! It blows me away and makes me happy each time I see it. Crazy to think that soon I will be able to actually hold it in my hands and open it and read my story. Eek!
Then the thought of other people doing the same makes me want to throw up a little. It's probably something every author goes through. Maybe not anymore, but I like to think that Stephen King or James Patterson was nervous before their first book was released.

In trying to ease my nerves a bit I've gotten back to writing Book Three. Crazy to think how ahead of the curve you need to be in this whole writing business! I am expecting Book Two from my beta's and can't wait to hear their reactions and tips for improvement. If you are considering writing or publishing a book (self or otherwise) I HIGHLY suggest a great group of beta (or early draft) readers and a good editor. There is nothing more annoying as a reader than a manuscript that you've paid for riddled with mistakes. Not that everything can be caught (heck, I even found a thing or two going through the last draft that needed changing), but it will be much better than what you can do solo, trust me.

I've also started looking into promotional materials as well. These items, like bookmarks and postcards, will be available at signings, but if you aren't able to make it to one or you get a book before and, drop me a line with your address and I'll send you some goodies!

I'm also starting to nail down details for my release day extravaganza!! OK, extravaganza might be a strong word, but I will be partying and would love anyone local to the area or interested to come join in on the fun. Details will be posted as soon as I have them.

In the meantime, if you or anyone you know is interested in Young Adult books, please give them a heads up about Four Corners! Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and believe it or not I am only so loud, so any help I can get from all of you would be amazing. Or perhaps you know a teacher or writers group that would like to have a speaker at, I'm game for anything! I'd just love the opportunity to put FC in as many hands as I can. Reading is a wonderful and powerful thing, especially in teen years. Some of the most meaningful books I've read in my life were between the ages of 14 and 16 and I'm so excited to be a part of bringing a new story to a new group of people.

When I think about that, it pushes any anxiety I may have about the process, at least for a little while...

Comments

Congratulation on your newly published book! I totally get why you say that it is a scary process. It's like your putting yourself out there. Just think of it this way, you are already sure that apart from you, there are others who appreciate and like what you did a.k.a. your publishers. Next, embrace the reality that we cannot please everybody. There will always be people whose sensibilities are different than ours. So just focus on those who shakes the same feathers as yours! I am sure they will be raving about it. :)

08/06/2015 10:31am

This is really good advice, thank you. Hopefully you've picked up your copy of Four Corner and are enjoying it!

08/06/2015 8:02am

This really is an extremely very good read through for me, Have to acknowledge that you simply are one of the better write-up i ever saw.Thanks for submitting this useful short article.

09/10/2015 2:50pm

Thanks so much!

08/26/2015 1:09am

Well someway I received to read through tons of content articles with your weblog.It is remarkable how attention-grabbing it is for me to go to you fairly often.

09/10/2015 2:50pm

I am so glad that you've been enjoying my blog! Thanks for the comment.

I in addition to my pals came checking the great techniques on your web site and instantly came up with a terrible suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for those secrets. My men became totally very interested to read through all of them and have in effect in reality been having fun with these things. Appreciate your genuinely really considerate as well as for picking out varieties of nice resources millions of individuals are really wanting to be aware of. My personal sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

I got what you intend, thankyou for posting .Woh I am delighted to find this website through google. "Spare no expense to make everything as economical as possible." by Samuel Goldwyn.

08/22/2016 7:24am

What i do not realize is in truth how you're now not really much more neatly-appreciated than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You know thus considerably relating to this topic, produced me individually imagine it from so many various angles. Its like men and women aren't interested unless it's one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. Always take care of it up!

For the reason that the YouTube films are posted at this spot same like I comparatively present YouTube video code at my own particular page, for the reason that it is unquestionably not hard to get installed code.Hello, I in addition may need to give my insight here, when i don't know even around an unmistakable thing identified with Personal home pages, I generally go to research that from web.

It is always so interesting to observe when you build your own way and gather momentum from a day to day!

Comments are closed.